BEDFORD, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Bedford last week:
- Bedford Police confirmed a hand grenade reported by a Katonah resident on Tuesday and removed from a home later was determined to be inert.
- Seventeen Westchester County municipalities were ranked in Safe Choice Security's "29 Safest Cities" in New York.
- Route 172 was closed near Fox Lane High School following a serious accident.
- The New York State Department of Health is advising parents and health-care providers to be aware of the signs and symptoms of a serious respiratory illness known as enterovirus EV-D68, which has now been confirmed in more than a dozen children in New York State.
- In separate incidents, police say teens used an anonymous app called Yik Yak to post threats to their schools. Both suspects were found by police using GPS provided by the app and then arrested
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.