BEDFORD, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Bedford this week:
- Bedford firefighters were able to extinguish a car fire at an auto body shop before it spread to other vehicles in the building.
- Voters approved the Bedford Central School District's 2014-15 budget by a large margin.
- Bedford's Police Department and town offices reopened following a gas leak on Monday morning that led to evacuations, according to police alerts posted on Nixle.
- The southbound Saw Mill River Parkway in Mount Kisco has reopened after an overturned vehicle resulted in its closure Tuesday morning.
- Briarcliff Manor resident Suzan Zeolla has been appointed branch office manager of Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage's Bedford office .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.