BEDFORD, N.Y.. -- The Harlem Wizards are coming to Bedford.
The show basketball team, famed for its tricks, antics and alley-oop dunks, has raised millions of dollars for schools, charities and foundations across the world.
The Wizards will be entertaining the crowd with dribbling, passing, shooting and dunking as its players go toe-to-toe against the school district’s all-star team of teachers and staffers Sunday, Dec. 4. The game starts at 2 p.m. in the Fox Lane High School gymnasium, 632 S. Bedford Road (Route 172), Bedford.
Proceeds from the event will benefit the Bedford Village Elementary School.
Five schools will be represented on Bedford’s team.
- Bedford Hills Elementary School: Physical education teacher Kevin Grayson, aide Bob Alspach and Coach Matthew Foley.
- Bedford Village Elementary School: Physical education teacher Brian Dalton, Mrs. Tate and music teacher Owen Hughes.
- Mount Kisco Elementary School: Teacher Jeff Wein, Physical education teacher John DelFavero and Principal Kweon Stambaugh.
- Pound Ridge Elementary School: Danarde Roach, head of the buildings and grounds department; teacher Laurianne Lugo-Hart and Steven Samaha, computer aide.
- West Patent Elementary School: Coach Ryan Tranchida, Coach Joseph DiMauro and teacher Marylou Herr.
Tickets are $20 for adults and $15 for children ages 12 and younger.
Special courtside reserved seats are $50. The ticket cost includes an exclusive meet-and-greet with the Harlem Wizards and a free souvenir.
To buy tickets, visit www.harlemwizards.com and click “Buy Tickets.”
Courtside seating is co-sponsored by CHOP’T, a chain of fast-casual, salad-oriented restaurants and Mount Kisco Sports.
For more information, e-mail questions to BCSDbballbash@gmail.com.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.