KATONAH, N.Y. -- The Harvey School's boys tennis team advanced to the championship match of the Housatonic Valley Athletic League playoffs Wednesday with a 6-3 win over South Kent School at Bedford Hills Memorial Courts.
Harvey (13-0) will play for its third straight HVAL championship on Saturday.
Harvey got off to a quick start against South Kent as No. 1 singles Alec Roslin of Armonk and No. 2 singles Harry Solomon of Bedford won by the scores of 10-1 and 10-2. Zach Schwartz, in a crucial victory, defeated his opponent 10-8 at number three singles.
After dropping No. 4 and 5 singles, Harvey got a win in the No. 6 singles match as Jordan Fox won in convincing fashion, 10-1. With Fox’s victory, the Cavaliers only needed to win one doubles match to win their 13th consecutive match of the year. This was done quickly with the No. 1 doubles pairing of Solomon and Roslin posting an 8-2 victory.
The senior-led Harvey team will look for its second unbeaten season in three years and its third straight HVAL title in Saturday's championship.
- 1 Bedford Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Bedford, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Bedford
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 5 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Bedford; Blizzard Warning Issued