KATONAH, N.Y. -- Harvey softball pitcher Selena Cummings of Ossining made it back to back one-hitters in her last two starting assignments, but the sophomore was outstanding at the plate too, collecting three hits and knocking in eight runs to lead the Lady Cavaliers to an 18-2 win over Monfort Tuesday.
Cummings, coming off her one-hit victory last Friday over Storm King, struck out four Monfort batters in Tuesday’s game called after four innings. She allowed two runs.
Harvey took advantage of the difficulties the Monfort pitcher had in throwing strikes. Grace Tow of Pound Ridge walked four times while Tessa Knorr and Olivia Lindsay each had three bases on balls. Lindsay, who also had Harvey’s other hit, had four RBI.
In their last four games, including an 18-17 walk off loss to Poughkeepsie Day School before their three-game winning streak, the Lady Cavaliers (4-3) have scored an average of 14 runs a game.
- 1 Man ID'd In Pound Ridge Drowning
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Is Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 3 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 4 Men Shot, Killed Before Hutchinson River Parkway Crash ID'd
- 5 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital