KATONAH, N.Y. -- Despite a loss Saturday, May 10, in a nonleague game, The Harvey School’s girls lacrosse team has earned a No. 1 seed and a first-round bye in this week’s Housatonic Valley Athletic League playoffs.
The girls lacrosse team's four-game winning streak on the road ended against Cheshire Academy as the Lady Cavaliers lost 13-10.
Cheshire Academy (6-2) trailed by four with eight minutes left before rallying to get within two goals. Harvey's attack was led by seniors Audrey Rowe with three goals, and Brittany Smith, Sammi Aloi and Julia Peraglia with two goals each. Another senior, Lily Brouwer, added one.
The quarterfinal bye gives the Lady Cavaliers two days off to prepare for their semifinal game at home Wednesday, May 14. The Lady Cavaliers (7-3) will play either Forman or Masters of Connecticut, who were to meet Monday in the quarterfinals.
- 1 CDC Warns Respiratory Virus May Be Linked To Mysterious Paralysis
- 2 It's A Girl: Chappaqua's Clintons Are Grandparents As Chelsea Gives Birth
- 3 Accidents Cause Major Delays On I-684
- 4 Mysterious UFO Still Vexes Westchester Police Officer
- 5 New Yorkers Urged To Protect Children From Dangerous Respiratory Virus