KATONAH, N.Y. -- Despite a loss Saturday, May 10, in a nonleague game, The Harvey School’s girls lacrosse team has earned a No. 1 seed and a first-round bye in this week’s Housatonic Valley Athletic League playoffs.
The girls lacrosse team's four-game winning streak on the road ended against Cheshire Academy as the Lady Cavaliers lost 13-10.
Cheshire Academy (6-2) trailed by four with eight minutes left before rallying to get within two goals. Harvey's attack was led by seniors Audrey Rowe with three goals, and Brittany Smith, Sammi Aloi and Julia Peraglia with two goals each. Another senior, Lily Brouwer, added one.
The quarterfinal bye gives the Lady Cavaliers two days off to prepare for their semifinal game at home Wednesday, May 14. The Lady Cavaliers (7-3) will play either Forman or Masters of Connecticut, who were to meet Monday in the quarterfinals.
- 1 Katonah Student Graduates From Boston College
- 2 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 3 Pleasantville Teen Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 4 Sandra Lee Returns Home After Double To New Castle After Double Mastectomy
- 5 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich