KATONAH, N.Y. -- Despite a loss Saturday, May 10, in a nonleague game, The Harvey School’s girls lacrosse team has earned a No. 1 seed and a first-round bye in this week’s Housatonic Valley Athletic League playoffs.
The girls lacrosse team's four-game winning streak on the road ended against Cheshire Academy as the Lady Cavaliers lost 13-10.
Cheshire Academy (6-2) trailed by four with eight minutes left before rallying to get within two goals. Harvey's attack was led by seniors Audrey Rowe with three goals, and Brittany Smith, Sammi Aloi and Julia Peraglia with two goals each. Another senior, Lily Brouwer, added one.
The quarterfinal bye gives the Lady Cavaliers two days off to prepare for their semifinal game at home Wednesday, May 14. The Lady Cavaliers (7-3) will play either Forman or Masters of Connecticut, who were to meet Monday in the quarterfinals.
- 1 Presidential Run Puts Spotlight On Trump's Bedford Estate
- 2 Police Corral 90-Pound Alligator Crossing Street In New York City
- 3 Catherine Zeta-Jones Seeks Apartment Conversion At Estate In Bedford Hills
- 4 Outside Clinton Home, Astorino Seeks Hillary's Take On Affordable Housing
- 5 Bedford Home To Bedford, Bedford Hills, Bedford Corners