BEDFORD, N.Y. – Following a loss in his second match at the Lindenwood University Wrestling Tournament, Illinois red-shirt freshman Steven Rodrigues went on a tear.
Rodrigues, a Fox Lane graduate, won six consecutive matches in the consolation round to finish third in the 141-pound weight class Saturday.
Rodrigues received a bye in the first round, then secured a 20-5 technical fall against Steven Bradtmueller of McKendree. Joshua Myers of Ouachita defeated Rodrigues, 8-6, in a second-round match, sending the Illini wrestler to the consolation bracket.
The road to third place began with a pin of Missouri’s Tony DeAngelo at 6:32. Rodrigues eliminated the top seed, Nicholas Hucke, also of Missouri, with a 6-1 decision. Rodrigues blanked Iowa’s Connor Ryan, 5-0, decisioned Iowa’s Josh Dziewa, 9-4 and avenged the earlier loss to Myers with a 5-0 triumph, sending him into the third-place match against Julian Feokert of Oklahoma State.
Rodrigues concluded his run through the consolation bracket with a 3-1 victory. Rodrigues has placed in all three tournaments he has wrestled in this season, including a win at the Loras Open.
- 1 Billionaire Mount Kisco Businessman, Philanthropist Jerome Kohlberg Dies
- 2 Hillary Clinton Gets Health OK From Mount Kisco Medical Group Physician
- 3 One-Car Crash Closes Saw Mill Parkway For Hours
- 4 Bedford Residents Get To See Blue Moon Friday Night
- 5 Proposed Exit 4 Food Hall Clears Mount Kisco Zoning Board