BEDFORD, N.Y. – Springfield College senior Joey Grippi went 4-0 to win his second consecutive 141-pound title at the Doug Parker Wrestling Invitational hosted by Springfield, in Massachusetts.
The 2009 Fox Lane graduate, who was a Division III all-American last year, was seeded first and received a first-round bye. Grippi opened his day with an 8-1 win over Josh White from Bridgewater State. He followed up with a 15-0 technical fall over Fred Reisch of Plymouth State in a quarterfinal match.
In his semifinal, Grippi defeated a tough Corey Vernon from Centenary. Riding the momentum from his semifinal win, Grippi closed out his day with a title after a 10-7 victory over third-seeded Paul Marcello from Johns Hopkins.
- 1 State Police Warn Bedford Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 3 Chance Of Snow Returns To Bedford Overnight
- 4 Two Clerks Charged In Northern Westchester Underage Drinking Detail
- 5 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation