BEDFORD, N.Y. – Springfield College senior Joey Grippi went 4-0 to win his second consecutive 141-pound title at the Doug Parker Wrestling Invitational hosted by Springfield, in Massachusetts.
The 2009 Fox Lane graduate, who was a Division III all-American last year, was seeded first and received a first-round bye. Grippi opened his day with an 8-1 win over Josh White from Bridgewater State. He followed up with a 15-0 technical fall over Fred Reisch of Plymouth State in a quarterfinal match.
In his semifinal, Grippi defeated a tough Corey Vernon from Centenary. Riding the momentum from his semifinal win, Grippi closed out his day with a title after a 10-7 victory over third-seeded Paul Marcello from Johns Hopkins.
- 1 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 2 Man Stopped On I-684 Charged With Driving Wrong Way, DWI
- 3 Nearly One Million Bicycles Are Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 4 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenager
- 5 Funeral Services Held For 20-Year-Old College Student From Westchester