BEDFORD, N.Y. – Springfield College senior Joey Grippi went 4-0 to win his second consecutive 141-pound title at the Doug Parker Wrestling Invitational hosted by Springfield, in Massachusetts.
The 2009 Fox Lane graduate, who was a Division III all-American last year, was seeded first and received a first-round bye. Grippi opened his day with an 8-1 win over Josh White from Bridgewater State. He followed up with a 15-0 technical fall over Fred Reisch of Plymouth State in a quarterfinal match.
In his semifinal, Grippi defeated a tough Corey Vernon from Centenary. Riding the momentum from his semifinal win, Grippi closed out his day with a title after a 10-7 victory over third-seeded Paul Marcello from Johns Hopkins.
- 1 Curtis Instruments, Saw Mill Club Co-Founder Curt Beusman Dies
- 2 Westchester Legislator Who Represents Bedford To Resign
- 3 Bedford Central Voters Approve School Budget, Elect Sheerin
- 4 Deer Defense Group Sues Westchester County To Halt Hunting Plans
- 5 Mount Kisco Bank Teller Pleads Guilty To Stealing $1.4M