CORTLANDT MANOR, N.Y. – T.J. Olesczuk, a Hendrick Hudson High School graduate and resident of Cortlandt Manor, was named the Player of the Week for the Big South Conference. Olesczuk is a junior baseball player at Winthrop University in South Carolina.
Olesczuk, a center fielder, hit .500 (6-for-12) in four games last week and is hitting a league-leading .432. He hit two doubles in an 11-3 win over Coastal Carolina and leads the conference with 11 doubles.
Olesczuk led Winthrop in batting last year with a .279 average and started all 59 games. He led the team in triples (two) and was tied for second in home runs (two). He hit .307 as a freshman. He went 5-for-5 with four RBIs in a game on Feb. 25 against USC Upsate.
Olesczk was a three-sport star at Hen Hud, where he also lettered in soccer and basketball. He won the Con Ed Award in baseball as a senior.
Winthrop is 11-13 overall and 4-2 in the conference.
- 1 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 2 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 3 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says
- 4 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 5 Sandra Lee Returns Home To New Castle After Double Mastectomy