CORTLANDT MANOR, N.Y. – T.J. Olesczuk, a Hendrick Hudson High School graduate and resident of Cortlandt Manor, was named the Player of the Week for the Big South Conference. Olesczuk is a junior baseball player at Winthrop University in South Carolina.
Olesczuk, a center fielder, hit .500 (6-for-12) in four games last week and is hitting a league-leading .432. He hit two doubles in an 11-3 win over Coastal Carolina and leads the conference with 11 doubles.
Olesczuk led Winthrop in batting last year with a .279 average and started all 59 games. He led the team in triples (two) and was tied for second in home runs (two). He hit .307 as a freshman. He went 5-for-5 with four RBIs in a game on Feb. 25 against USC Upsate.
Olesczk was a three-sport star at Hen Hud, where he also lettered in soccer and basketball. He won the Con Ed Award in baseball as a senior.
Winthrop is 11-13 overall and 4-2 in the conference.
- 1 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 2 Maintenance Work Results In I-684 Lane Closures
- 3 Man Stopped On I-684 Charged With Driving Wrong Way, DWI
- 4 Nearly One Million Bicycles Are Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 5 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenager