KATONAH, N.Y. ‒ Yankee great Bernie Williams and former New York Knicks star John Starks will take part in celebrations opening the Harvey School's new athletic center during Homecoming weekend Oct. 19 to 20.
The new $5 million, 21,000-square-foot building will be the centerpiece of two days of festivities. A ribbon-cutting ceremony is set for Friday, Oct. 19, at 11:45 a.m., and there will be a pre-game ceremony Saturday, Oct. 20, at noon before the girls varsity volleyball game.
Williams, the former Yankee centerfielder and Grammy-nominated jazz guitarist, will help cut the ribbon along with 1996 Harvey alum Steve Masiello, the coach of the Manhattan College men’s basketball team.
Saturday at 10:30 a.m., Starks will lead a basketball clinic for Harvey students and serve as a lead-in to a brief pre-game ceremony before the first-ever interscholastic athletic event in the new gym. The new athletic center is part of the school's upper campus located at 260 Jay St. (Route 22) in Katonah.
Both Friday's ribbon-cutting and Saturday's basketball clinic will be held in the new athletic center.
From a report by Chris Del Campo, Harvey School Director of Communications.
- 1 Fox Lane, John Jay Rank Among New York's Best High Schools
- 2 Bedford Hills Man Gets Seven Years In Prison For Home Invasions
- 3 Bedford Central Faces $2.6M Deficit For 2015-16 School Year
- 4 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Bedford; 6-12 Inches Of Snow Likely
- 5 Snow Likely Overnight Thursday In Bedford