KATONAH, N.Y. -- Allison Marie Benvin Ransom of Katonah graduated with Honors in Art History plus minors in Studio Art and Religion at the 123rd Commencement at Goucher College in Baltimore.
Benvin Ransom also studied abroad in Alicante, Spain and spent a semester at SACI in Florence, Italy. She was awarded the Gertrude Sherby Rand Prize for excellence in Art History. Earlier this year she was the recipient of the Florence Wagner Abshire Merit Scholarship which is awarded to a senior student of Art History at Goucher.
She has been accepted to start as an intern at The Mid Atlantic Arts Foundation in Baltimore where she will concentrate on writing for grant proposals.
Benvin Ransom attended Katonah Elementary and John Jay Middle and High Schools.
She is the daughter of Karen Benvin Ransom of Katonah, Associate Broker at Houlihan Lawrence Katonah, and Robert Ransom of Boulder, Colo.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Purchase New Bedford Home
- 2 Bedford's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So Bedford Must Prepare
- 4 Katonah Fire Dept. Battles Blaze That Destroys Goldens Bridge Home
- 5 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester