LEWISBORO, N.Y. – John Jay High School has moved on to the Regional Quarter-Finals of MSG Varsity’s “The Challenge.” The team takes on Ardsley High School on Wednesday, May 1, at 6:30 p.m. The show is on Cablevision’s Optimum Channel 14.
Eight of the original 32 competing schools from the Westchester Hudson Valley region have qualified for the quarter-finals. The next step will be the Tri-State Championship Playoffs.
“The action is really heating up as we progress to the final rounds of the Regional Championships,” said TV host, Jared Cotter. “You can see the intensity of the players’ faces and excitement of the fans building as we move on in the competition.”
Representing John Jay High School are Alex Lee, Angelo Angelino, Alexander Bolgar, Jackson Ruzzo (captain) and Janice Choi (alternate). The academic advisor is Vicky Weiss.
High schools from Long Island, the Bronx, Brooklyn, Westchester/Lower Hudson Valley, New Jersey and Connecticut, 192 in all, compete against each other in the quiz show. One school in each region is eventually crowned regional champion, winning an award of $2,500.
The winner of the Tri-State Championship receives $10,000 and each student participating in the final championship game receives $500.
For more information, go to the MSG Varsity website.
- 1 Catherine Zeta-Jones Seeks Apartment Conversion At Bedford Hills Estate
- 2 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says
- 3 D'Agostino Closes Its Last Supermarket In Westchester
- 4 Westchester Native Killed In Taconic Parkway Crash Was Jungle Explorer
- 5 10 License Violators In Westchester Fined By State Liquor Authority