KATONAH, N.Y. -- Seniors Brittany Smith and Kieran O’Connor were selected student-athletes of the month for April at The Harvey School in Katonah.
The award recognizes excellence in the classroom, on the athletic fields and in the broader school community.
Smith, a resident of Brewster, is on the honor roll and serves as a senior captain of the girls lacrosse team. With 10 goals and four assists, Smith, a midfielder, is a big part of the successful start this season of the girls lacrosse team, which is undefeated in league play. She is also co-president of the community service club.
O’Connor, of Greenwich, is a Cavalier Scholar, earning at least a 4.0 grade-point average in an academic schedule that includes three AP classes. Athletic Director Mark Brandon describes O'Connor, a captain on the school’s rugby team, as “an excellent captain, playing with passion, constantly challenging his teammates to improve and leading by example.”
On the rugby team’s spring trip to Italy, O’Connor and his teammates spent a day at a local school teaching conversational English.
Smith and O’Connor were acknowledged at a school wide assembly Friday, April 25.
- 1 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway
- 2 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 3 Population Growth Among Issues Raised Over Katonah Group Home Plan
- 4 Bedford Library Staff Sad About Theater's Impending Exit
- 5 NYPD Officer, Former Section 1 Basketball Star, Killed In Bronx Crash