KATONAH, N.Y. -- Members of Fox Lane High School's Class of 2014 graduated on Tuesday afternoon, June 24, celebrating their milestone at the end of the commencement by throwing their caps into the air.
The school's annual commencement, held at Katonah's Caramoor Center for Music and the Arts, was held amid warm and sunny weather under the center's tent.
The celebration included a musical performance from The Fox Lane High School Chamber Choir, a presentation of gifts and an honoring of Assistant Principal Brian Davidson, who after more than a decade of working at the high school will be moving across campus to work at Fox Lane Middle School as a house director.
Serving as master of ceremonies was class member Lauren Raue, while Nina Wagner gave the salutatory address. Charlotte Herber gave the valedictory address and Heather Otero was the student speaker. Carol DeGeorge, adviser for the Class of 2014, addressed the students.
Officials who spoke included Bedford Schools Superintendent Jere Hochman and high school Principal Joel Adelberg. Members of the Bedford school board sat on stage near the speakers' podium.
A photo gallery of the graduation is attached to this article.
- 1 CDC Warns Respiratory Virus May Be Linked To Mysterious Paralysis
- 2 Bedford Town Board Opts Not To Object To Proposed Katonah Group Home
- 3 Katonah's Soros, Bedford's Peltz Make Forbes 400 Billionaire List
- 4 New Yorkers Urged To Protect Children From Dangerous Respiratory Virus
- 5 Metro-North Reports Rise In Crime