MOUNT KISCO, N.Y. -- Author Vincent X. Kirsch recently visited with Mount Kisco Elementary School students.
Kirsch, the author of several children's books, visited with Susan Polos' first- and second-grade classes as part of a special visit on Friday, Jan. 31. Kirsch began his presentation by sharing slides from a recent trip to India. Then, he showed the students photos of his studio in his high rise Manhattan home. He shared the process that he goes through to plan and create his picture books.
"Vince shared many whimsical character sketches, and the children learned how his characters evolve," school officials said. "At the end of his visit, Mr. Kirsch drew characters for the students as they guessed who he was creating. His newest characters, a dinosaur and dragon from his recently published book, 'Freddie and Gingersnap,' emerged before the students’ eyes."
The children were given buttons with the characters Natalie and Naughtily from Kirsch’s first book, "Natalie and Naughtily."
- 1 Bedford Planning Board Meeting On Home Proposal Lasts Until Nearly 2 A.M.
- 2 Two Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 3 South Salem Man Charged With Assault, Robbery After Beating Victim
- 4 Bedford's Conservation Board Weighs In On 79-Home Proposal
- 5 Snow Could Be Returning To Bedford