BEDFORD, N.Y. -- Bedford's Fox Lane Middle School Rock Ensemble members became stars of their own Disney show recently when they performed at the Waterside Stage at Disney World in Orlando, Fla.
The rock ensemble, under the direction of Matt Vanacoro and Michael Piescki, put on a fantastic show, entertaining guests from around the world right in the Heart of Downtown Disney.
The group’s performance included pieces from The Black Crowes, KT Tunstall, Phish, Owl City and Bon Jovi. The band also took part in a custom workshop during their trip, where they developed fundamentals, reinforced performance concepts and fine-tuned techniques during their sessions with a professional entertainer.
This was the group’s fourth visit to the resort with the Disney Performing Arts Program, having performed for the first time in May 2011.
- 1 Aunt's Daughter Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Bedford
- 3 Bedford School Officials Respond To Special-Ed Concerns
- 4 Westchester Political, Business Leaders Applaud State Casino Decision
- 5 Arrest Of 'Bicycle Bandit' Ends Rash Of 15 Robberies In Westchester