WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Gov. Andrew Cuomo still maintains a 2-to-1 advantage over Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino in the race for governor, according to the most recent Quinnipiac University poll.
The poll shows Cuomo, a Democrat, enjoying a 56-28 percent advantage over Astorino, a Republican. This number remains largely unchanged compared to a poll released in May that had Cuomo leading 57-28 percent.
Even Cuomo's involvement in the Moreland Commission investigation hasn't had much of an impact on the Democratic incumbent's lead.
The poll says 50 percent of voters say they disapprove of the way Cuomo is handling ethics in government, but 49 percent say they feel he would do a better job than Astorino.
Astorino still remains largely unknown throughout the state, with 51 percent of voters not knowing enough about the GOP candidate to form an opinion.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Purchase New Bedford Home
- 2 Bedford's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So Bedford Must Prepare
- 4 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester
- 5 Police Search For Suspect Who Allegedly Robbed Man Near Bedford