BEDFORD, N.Y. – In-person voter registration ends on Oct. 12, and November's election is approaching. The Bedford Daily Voice is here to show you who is on the ballot this season, where in town to vote and how to register if you have not already done so.
Polls will be open from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 6, for voters to cast their ballots in the race between President Barack Obama and Republican candidate Mitt Romney, as well as U.S. congressional and local races.
In the 2012 U.S. Senate race, Republican Wendy Long, a Manhattan attorney, will compete against incumbent U.S. Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D).
Since Bedford is in the newly redrawn 18th Congressional District, voters will choose between Democrat Sean Maloney, a former aide to President Bill Clinton, and incumbent Republican U.S. Rep. Nan Hayworth, who formerly represented the 19th District.
Bedford voters will choose between Democrat George Latimer vs. Republican Bob Cohen for the 37th district for state senate.
This November, Bedford is holding a special election for the seat of the late Town Justice Kevin Quaranta. Candidates are David Menken on the Democratic ticket and Todd Gabor, a Democrat who is running on the Republican ticket. There also will be a referendum on increasing the town's open space tax. There are no Town Board elections this year.
New voters in Westchester can register in person at the county Board of Elections office, 25 Quarropas St. in White Plains, by Oct. 12. State law requires that mailed registration applications be postmarked by Oct. 12 and received by Oct. 17.
Polling places are at the following locations:
• Election District 1, 10, 11, 17: Bedford Presbyterian Church, Bedford Village
• Election District 2, 13: Rippowam School, Bedford Village
• Election District 3, 16: Katonah Memorial House, Katonah
• Election District 4, 5: Bedford Hills Community House, Bedford Hills
• Election District 6, 7, 15: Katonah Village Library, Katonah
• Election District 8: Katonah Elementary School, Katonah
• Election District 9, 14, 18: Bedford Town House, Bedford Hills
• Election District 12: Cisqua School, Mount Kisco
If you are unsure of your voting district, call the town clerk's office at 914-666 4534.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Bedford, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Bedford
- 3 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Bedford; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Accidents Reported On Saw Mill, Hutchinson River, Taconic State Parkways