WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- A woman allegedly driving at 92 miles per hour was charged with driving while ability was impaired by New York State Police on Interstate 684 in Bedford on Friday, July 18, officials said.
Mildred Betancourt, 36, of Watertown, Conn., allegedly failed field sobriety tests after being pulled over and was charged with driving while ability impaired, according to State Police.
Johannie Cruz, 25, who was a passenger in the car was found with 85 oxycodone pills and a small amount of marijuana. She was charged with third-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance and intent to sell, Troopers said.
Betancourt was released on $3,500 bail while Cruz was held in lieu of $10,000 bail, officials said.
- 1 Obama Will Fly Into Westchester Airport For Big-Ticket Fundraiser
- 2 Westchester Communities Rank High Among Nation's Best Suburbs
- 3 Westchester Legislator Who Represents Bedford To Resign
- 4 Bedford Central Voters Approve School Budget, Elect Sheerin
- 5 Tarrytown's Happy Rockefeller, Wife Of Late Nelson Rockefeller, Dies