KATONAH, N.Y. — The engine of a commercial bus caught fire at about 2 p.m. Thursday while it was parked at Caramoor Center for Music and the Arts in Katonah, fire officials said.
Its passengers were attending a concert on the grounds, and no one was on the bus at the time of the fire, Katonah Fire Chief James McHugh said.
Firefighters sprayed foam on the flames coming out of the bus to knock down the blaze, McHugh said. The bus was from Alert Coach Lines, a company based in Ronkonkoma.
At about 4 p.m., the bus driver and Katonah firefighters were retrieving passengers' belongings and transferring them off the bus.
Bedford police also responded to the scene.
- 1 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway
- 2 Mount Kisco Parking Officer Pleads Guilty To Stealing $89K From Meters
- 3 NYPD Officer, Former Section 1 Basketball Star, Killed In Bronx Crash
- 4 Mrs. Westchester Charged With Stealing From Group Home
- 5 Amber Alert Canceled After Missing Child Is Found Unharmed