KATONAH, N.Y. — The engine of a commercial bus caught fire at about 2 p.m. Thursday while it was parked at Caramoor Center for Music and the Arts in Katonah, fire officials said.
Its passengers were attending a concert on the grounds, and no one was on the bus at the time of the fire, Katonah Fire Chief James McHugh said.
Firefighters sprayed foam on the flames coming out of the bus to knock down the blaze, McHugh said. The bus was from Alert Coach Lines, a company based in Ronkonkoma.
At about 4 p.m., the bus driver and Katonah firefighters were retrieving passengers' belongings and transferring them off the bus.
Bedford police also responded to the scene.
- 1 Catherine Zeta-Jones Seeks Apartment Conversion At Bedford Hills Estate
- 2 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says
- 3 D'Agostino Closes Its Last Supermarket In Westchester
- 4 Westchester Native Killed In Taconic Parkway Crash Was Jungle Explorer
- 5 10 License Violators In Westchester Fined By State Liquor Authority