WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- New York State Police from the Somers barracks charged a Connecticut man with driving while ability impaired by drugs on Interstate 684 on Friday, Aug. 1, officials said.
George A. Velivasakis, 29, was allegedly driving on the shoulder of I-684 while trying to avoid an accident that was being investigated on Friday. Subsequent investigation, including an evaluation by a drug recognition expert, revealed Velivasakis to be operating the vehicle while impaired by prescription medications, according to state police.
Velivasakis is scheduled to appear in Town of North Salem Court on Monday, Aug. 11, troopers said.
- 1 Several Westchester Towns Ranked Among New York's Safest To Live In
- 2 Serious Accident Results In Route 172 Closure Near Fox Lane HS
- 3 Hand Grenade Removed From Katonah Home Found To Be Inert
- 4 National Weather Service: Bedford's Winter Won't Be So Bad
- 5 Bedford Playhouse Theater Tenant Plans To Leave