WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- New York State Police from the Somers barracks charged a Connecticut man with driving while ability impaired by drugs on Interstate 684 on Friday, Aug. 1, officials said.
George A. Velivasakis, 29, was allegedly driving on the shoulder of I-684 while trying to avoid an accident that was being investigated on Friday. Subsequent investigation, including an evaluation by a drug recognition expert, revealed Velivasakis to be operating the vehicle while impaired by prescription medications, according to state police.
Velivasakis is scheduled to appear in Town of North Salem Court on Monday, Aug. 11, troopers said.
- 1 Bedford Planning Board Meeting On Home Proposal Lasts Until Nearly 2 A.M.
- 2 South Salem Man Charged With Assault, Robbery After Beating Victim
- 3 Two Westchester Private Schools Rank Among Nation's 'Smartest'
- 4 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 5 Snow Could Be Returning To Bedford