MOUNT KISCO, N.Y. -- A Mount Kisco parking enforcement officer was arrested in the theft of more than $89,000 in village parking meter funds.
The Westchester County District Attorney's Office, which announced the arrest on Tuesday, accused Jeffrey Daday of taking the revenue over a period from Jan. 5, 2009 until May 6, 2014.
Daday, a 35-year-old resident of Southeast in Putnam County, is accused of emptying the meters and then depositing some of the money at People United Bank, at 14 S. Moger Ave, in Mount Kisco.
Daday was arrested on Tuesday when he was leaving the bank after he made a deposit, according to the District Attorney's Office. He was charged with one count of second-degree grand larceny, a Class C felony, which has a penalty of up to 15 years in prison. His next court date is May 8.
- 1 Obamas Could Be Bound For Westchester After Presidency, Report Says
- 2 Bedford-Bred Upstart Draws No. 18 Post For Saturday's Kentucky Derby
- 3 Police Make Arrest In Identity Theft Case At Kohl's In Bedford Hills
- 4 Fatal Crash On Route 22 Under Investigation
- 5 Westchester DA Issues Alert About Sexual Predators Posing As Others