MOUNT KISCO, N.Y. -- An 18-year-old Mount Kisco man has been arrested after being accused of entering the home of a neighboring woman and assaulting her.
Mount Kisco police said Mario Coronado was arrested after a 911 call about 3:41 a.m. Thursday, July 3, from a residence on Maple Avenue. Two officers responded and were told that a man had entered the woman's bedroom, police said. Coronado is accused of then assaulting the woman by choking her and grabbing her throat with his hands.
Coronado is also accused of having fled by going out a window after other residents of the building came to aid the woman, according to police. Coronado is also identified in the announcement as being a friend of the woman's son. He was subsequently found under a parked car at another Maple Avenue address, according to police.
Coronado was arraigned at 1 p.m.before Village Justice Mark Farrell, police added. He was charged with one felony-level count of burglary. Coronado was remanded to Westchester County Jail without bail, police said.
- 1 Curtis Instruments, Saw Mill Club Co-Founder Curt Beusman Dies
- 2 Westchester Legislator Who Represents Bedford To Resign
- 3 Bedford Central Voters Approve School Budget, Elect Sheerin
- 4 Deer Defense Group Sues Westchester County To Halt Hunting Plans
- 5 Mount Kisco Bank Teller Pleads Guilty To Stealing $1.4M