MOUNT KISCO, N.Y. -- The Mount Kisco Volunteer Fire Department's new chief and assistants were sworn in Monday night, April 21, at the village Board of Trustees meeting. Each appeared before a packed crowd, with Mayor Michael Cindrich presiding.
Mario Muccioli took his oath as chief, while John Boddie took his as second assistant. David Hughes, the third assistant, followed with his oath. Alfredo Bueti, the new first assistant, was not available for the meeting.
Following the oaths, Cindrich honored former Fire Commissioner Lanson Hyatt, who served on the board from 2009-14 and whose involvement with the fire department goes back several decades. Cindrich, who has known Hyatt for decades, recalled when they each coached the Mount Kisco Maroons, the village's youth football team. The mayor also described Hyatt as being “committed” to Mount Kisco.
Hyatt, whose brother was also a fire commissioner, recalled being asked to follow in his footsteps. He added that he followed but never filled.
The board meeting also included time to honor members of the fire department's FAST Team. The team helped fellow firefighters who responded to a fire last month in Bedford and who were trapped due to a structural collapse.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 Modell's Seeks Move Into Former Borders Site In Mount Kisco
- 4 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed
- 5 Downed Trees, Accidents Cause Road Closures, Delays, Power Outages