WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- State Police from the Cortlandt barracks have announced they have apprehended the man wanted for fleeing a traffic stop and dragging a trooper on Welcher Avenue in Peekskill on Thursday, April 10.
Isaac L. Bruff was located on Friday evening, April 12 in Beacon and has been charged with assault second Degree, a Class D felony, police said.
After being arraigned before the City of Peekskill Justice Court , Bruff was remanded to the Westchester County Jail without bail and is scheduled to re-appear before the City of Peekskill Court on Monday, April 14.
State Police allege a struggle between the trooper and Bruff ensued during the traffic stop. Bruff then fled the scene, dragging the trooper with him until he was thrown from the vehicle.
The trooper was treated and released from Westchester County Medical Center with a head injury.
- 1 Catherine Zeta-Jones Seeks Apartment Conversion At Bedford Hills Estate
- 2 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says
- 3 10 License Violators In Westchester Fined By State Liquor Authority
- 4 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Bedford
- 5 Cable Work On Route 35 Will Cause Delays Around Bedford, Lewisboro