KATONAH, N.Y. — A 44-year-old Pennsylvania man was involved in a one-car rollover accident Sunday on Woods Bridge Road in Katonah, police said.
Bedford police responded to the call at 2:58 a.m. A vehicle driven by Gerard P. O’Connor of Bushkill, Pa., had flipped over a guardrail and slid down an embankment. When officers arrived, O’Connor was trying to get out of the car through the driver’s side window, police said.
The officer smelled alcohol on O'Connor's breath and the driver admitted to having two beers, police said. He failed field sobriety tests, police said, and was taken to Northern Westchester Hospital by the Katonah Bedford Hills Volunteer Ambulance Corps. When asked to take a blood test to determine his blood alcohol level, he refused three times, according to police.
O'Connor was charged with refusal of a pre-screening test, a violation; driving while intoxicated, a misdemeanor; and unsafe lane change, a traffic infraction.
He was released on his own recognizance and will return to the Town of Bedford Court on Jan. 24.
- 1 Bedford Planning Board Meeting On Home Proposal Lasts Until Nearly 2 A.M.
- 2 South Salem Man Charged With Assault, Robbery After Beating Victim
- 3 Two Westchester Private Schools Rank Among Nation's 'Smartest'
- 4 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 5 Snow Could Be Returning To Bedford