KATONAH, N.Y. — A 44-year-old Pennsylvania man was involved in a one-car rollover accident Sunday on Woods Bridge Road in Katonah, police said.
Bedford police responded to the call at 2:58 a.m. A vehicle driven by Gerard P. O’Connor of Bushkill, Pa., had flipped over a guardrail and slid down an embankment. When officers arrived, O’Connor was trying to get out of the car through the driver’s side window, police said.
The officer smelled alcohol on O'Connor's breath and the driver admitted to having two beers, police said. He failed field sobriety tests, police said, and was taken to Northern Westchester Hospital by the Katonah Bedford Hills Volunteer Ambulance Corps. When asked to take a blood test to determine his blood alcohol level, he refused three times, according to police.
O'Connor was charged with refusal of a pre-screening test, a violation; driving while intoxicated, a misdemeanor; and unsafe lane change, a traffic infraction.
He was released on his own recognizance and will return to the Town of Bedford Court on Jan. 24.
- 1 Curtis Instruments, Saw Mill Club Co-Founder Curt Beusman Dies
- 2 Deer Defense Group Sues Westchester County To Halt Hunting Plans
- 3 Mount Kisco Bank Teller Pleads Guilty To Stealing $1.4M
- 4 More I-684 Lane Closures Scheduled
- 5 Astorino Asks Obama If He 'Wants To Say Hi' To Hillary Clinton During Visit