BEDFORD, N.Y. -- The following is a round-up of calls for service from the Bedford Police Department that include everything from helping an elderly homeless woman who was ill to a car chase and fugitive's arrest.
Monday, February 6:
- 12:50 a.m. - Police observed a suspicious male at the Metro-North station at Depot Plaza in Bedford Hills who smelled like marijuana. When searched, officers found a half-smoked marijuana cigarette, a plastic bottle with marijuana residue and a plastic bag with some marijuana in it. Officers arrested Jose Mejia-Lopez, 26, of Bedford Hills. He was released on an appearance ticket and is scheduled to appear in court on Feb. 22.
- 12:53 p.m. - A two-car accident occurred on Bedford Road in Bedford Hills. One vehicle was struck while making a left turn on the road. No injuries were reported.
- 1:18 p.m. - Police responded to a call from a business located on Railroad Avenue in Bedford Hills. An employee reported that a former worker was on the property who was not authorized to be there. The same individual had trespassed Feb. 2, but police were unable to locate him at the time but left phone messages warning him to stay away from the premises. The former employee was located by police Feb. 7 and told he was no longer welcome on the property. He agreed to stay away.
- 4:33 p.m.. - Police helped a 75-year old homeless woman, known as Rosa, who complained of weakness and was unable to get up from where she was sitting on Bedford Road in Bedford Hills for more than a day. The woman declined medical attention but was transported to Northern Westchester Hospital. She was placed in intensive care for medical treatment. Adult Protective Services was contacted and will follow up with the woman.
Tuesday, February 7:
- 7:31 a.m. - A two-car accident occurred on Woods Bridge Road in Katonah when two cars were stopped at a green light. The second vehicle moved too quickly and rear-ended the vehicle in front of it. No injuries were reported.
- 8:37 a.m. - A 31-year-old woman on Franklin Street who fell and slipped on ice, injuring her back, was transported to Northern Westchester Hospital by KBHVAC.
- 8:42 a.m. - A 21-year-old male fugitive wanted in conjunction with a 2016 larceny at a residence on Babbitt Road in Bedford Hills was arrested in Putnam County, where he was wanted on an arrest warrant. The man was transported to Bedford Police headquarters and released on his own recognizance. He was scheduled to return to court on Feb. 8
Wednesday, February 8
- 4:29 a.m. - Westchester County police attempted to stop a vehicle during a car chase that ended on a front lawn in Mount Kisco. The occupants of the car exited the vehicle and fled on foot. The vehicle was searched and was found to have tires stolen from a Dodge Charger that had been parked on the Arroway car dealer lot in Bedford Hills. The stopped vehicle was also a Dodge Charger, displaying Texas license plates that were not registered to that car. The suspects were not located that evening, despite a canine search. No other larcenies were observed to have taken place at the lot. The incident is under investigation.
- 5:22 p.m. - Bedford Police assisted the New York State Police Narcotic Enforcement Division in the arrest of a woman in possession of a forged instrument for prescriptions. The state police utilized the Bedford Police electronic booking system.
Thursday, February 9
- 5:47 a.m. - A driver traveling on Old Post Road in Bedford was bearing right towards Route 22 when she slid on snow and struck a stop sign. No injuries were reported.
- 7:38 a.m. - A single-car accident occurred on Mount Holly Road in Katonah when the car skidded off the road and hit a telephone pole. No injuries were reported and there was no damage to the pole.
- 1:35 p.m. - A volunteer firefighter responding to an alarm at Fox Lane Middle School reported chest pain; he was transported to Westchester Medical Center by Bedford Fire.
- 6:14 p.m. - A horse on the loose running on the Narrows Road in Bedford Hills was corralled and returned to its owner prior to police arrival.
Friday, February 10
- 10:17 a.m. - A car slid off the roadway on Harris Road in Bedford Hills due to icy conditions. No accident report was filed.
- 10:17 a.m. - Police responded to a report of disorderly behavior at a business on Railroad Avenue. Police say Vito Paciolla, 57, of Bedford Hills, had been ticketed at 6:30 a.m. for blocking a road, and that his car was towed on the instruction of police. Paciolla appeared at the towing facility located on Railroad Avenue, where his vehicle was being held and then became upset when the car would not be released to him without proper police paperwork. When police arrived at the towing business, they determined that Paciolla was wanted by the Mount Pleasant Police for another matter. The Mount Pleasant Police picked up Paciolla at the Bedford Police station for processing.
Saturday, February 11
- 11:48 a.m. - A mail truck that got stuck in a snow bank on Clinton Road in Bedford caught fire as the operator tried to dislodge it. The Bedford Fire Department arrived to extinguish the fire and the mail truck was towed from the scene. No injuries were reported.
- 3:11 p.m. - A one-car accident occurred on McLain Street near Barker Road in Bedford Hills occurred when a driver veered to the right and slid off the embankment, sideswiping a phone pole. No injuries were reported.
- 8:43 p.m. - A 91-year-old woman on Park Avenue in Bedford Hills complaining of abdominal pain and dehydration was transported to Northern Westchester Hospital by KBHVAC.
Sunday, February 12
- 12:19 a.m. - An injured deer was euthanized by one round from the service revolver of a Bedford Police officer on McLain Street in Bedford Hills.
- 6:01 p.m. - Gunshots were reported on Haines Road. Police checked the Memorial Park with negative results.
- 7:19 P.M. - A 94-year-old woman on Valley Road in Katonah complaining of difficulty breathing was given oxygen by a police officer before being taken to Northern Westchester Hospital by KBHVAC and Westchester EMS.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.