BEDFORD, N.Y. — A 52-year-old woman from White Plains was seen Monday smuggling $184 worth of merchandise out of Kohl’s, according to Bedford Police.
The Bedford Hills store's security team reported the incident to Bedford Police about 11:25 a.m. Security told police that Jacquline Berry had left the area in her car, and an alert was put out on the vehicle, police said.
Berry was picked up by Mount Kisco Police about 1:30 p.m. at 37 Columbus Ave. in Mount Kisco. She was found with Kohl's merchandise: pants, jewelry, sunglasses, two shirts and a dress, police said.
Berry was charged with petit larceny, a misdemeanor, and was released on $200 bail. She is scheduled to return to the Town of Bedford Court on Jan. 31.
Also included in the Bedford Police Blotter:
Tree Equipment Stolen: A woodchipper valued at $41,200 was stolen from the SavATree tree care company lot, police said. A staff member at the company in Bedford Hills reported the incident to police on Jan. 11 at 7:59 a.m. According to police, the theft occurred between 11 p.m. Jan. 10 and 11 p.m. Jan. 11. The woodchipper has since been located in Suffolk County and an investigation into the theft is ongoing, police said.
- 1 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says
- 2 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Bedford
- 3 Hillary Clinton Gets Health OK From Mount Kisco Medical Group Physician
- 4 Marijuana License Awarded To Katonah-Based Etain
- 5 10 License Violators In Westchester Fined By State Liquor Authority