BEDFORD, N.Y. ‒ A 43-year-old Bedford man charged with having inappropriate contact with an 11-year-old turned himself in to police on Feb. 14, according to the Bedford Police Department.
Ramon V. Aguilera came to police headquarters upon request after police received a report of an inappropriate incident that allegedly took place on Feb. 4, according to police.
Aguilera was arraigned by Bedford Town Justice David Menken, who issued a temporary order of protection for the child, police said.
He was released on his own recognizance and is due back in Bedford Town Court on Thursday.
Also from the Bedford Police blotter:
- Wesley Jay Foster, 35, of Bedford Hills, was charged with driving while intoxicated following a car crash at a Bedford Hills intersection. At around 12:35 a.m. on Feb. 16, police said, Foster's 2003 Jeep Liberty hit a stone wall at the intersection of Bedford Center Road and Springhurst Road. According to police, Foster failed field sobriety tests and his blood alcohol content was measured at .16 percent. Both he and his passenger were transported to Northern Westchester Hospital for minor injuries, police said, but both refused treatment. Foster was charged with driving while intoxicated and driving while intoxicated with a blood alcohol content of over .08 percent, both misdemeanors. He was released on his own recognizance and will return to the Town of Bedford Court on Feb. 28.
- Thieves stole a Social Security card, license and credit card from the center console of an unlocked car at 33 Snyders Hill Road a little after midnight on Feb. 16, according to Bedford police. At nearby 220 Chestnut Ridge Road in Bedford Corners, thieves visited three properties that share a common driveway, police said. From a car at the first residence, they took $200 worth of groceries and $8 in cash; at the second property, they abandoned the car they were driving, a 2012 Nissan Rogue from Larchmont; and at the third property, they removed a 2008 Lexus, police said. Around 9:49 a.m., residents of nearby 22 Lake Ridge Road reported an attempted larceny after it appeared the contents of their cars had been gone through. The investigation continues, police said.
- 1 Man ID'd In Pound Ridge Drowning
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Is Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 3 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 4 Men Shot, Killed Before Hutchinson River Parkway Crash ID'd
- 5 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital