BEDFORD, N.Y. -- A 35-year-old Bedford Hills man was recently arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated, according to state police.
State Police in Somers said William A. Vasquez Cortez was found to be intoxicated subsequent to a welfare check that was conducted when police observed the vehicle he was operating stopped partially in a travel lane on Interstate 684, according to a report.
"When troopers approached the car, Vasquez Cortez was found sleeping, with the vehicle still in gear," state police said.
A breath test revealed he has a blood alcohol content of .10 percent, state police said in the report. The legal limit is .08 percent.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Purchase New Bedford Home
- 2 Bedford's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Costumed Kids, Adults Pack Halloween Parade In Katonah
- 4 Motorcyclist, 29, Killed In Taconic State Parkway Crash Is ID'd
- 5 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible To Bedford Residents