BEDFORD, N.Y. -- A 35-year-old Bedford Hills man was recently arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated, according to state police.
State Police in Somers said William A. Vasquez Cortez was found to be intoxicated subsequent to a welfare check that was conducted when police observed the vehicle he was operating stopped partially in a travel lane on Interstate 684, according to a report.
"When troopers approached the car, Vasquez Cortez was found sleeping, with the vehicle still in gear," state police said.
A breath test revealed he has a blood alcohol content of .10 percent, state police said in the report. The legal limit is .08 percent.
- 1 State Police Warn Bedford Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 3 Chance Of Snow Returns To Bedford Overnight
- 4 Two Clerks Charged In Northern Westchester Underage Drinking Detail
- 5 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield