BEDFORD, N.Y. -- A 35-year-old Bedford Hills man was recently arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated, according to state police.
State Police in Somers said William A. Vasquez Cortez was found to be intoxicated subsequent to a welfare check that was conducted when police observed the vehicle he was operating stopped partially in a travel lane on Interstate 684, according to a report.
"When troopers approached the car, Vasquez Cortez was found sleeping, with the vehicle still in gear," state police said.
A breath test revealed he has a blood alcohol content of .10 percent, state police said in the report. The legal limit is .08 percent.
- 1 Serious Accident Results In Route 172 Closure Near Fox Lane HS
- 2 Several Westchester Towns Ranked Among New York's Safest To Live In
- 3 Hand Grenade Removed From Katonah Home Found To Be Inert
- 4 Bedford Playhouse Theater Tenant Plans To Leave
- 5 National Weather Service: Bedford's Winter Won't Be So Bad