BEDFORD, N.Y. -- A 35-year-old Bedford Hills man was recently arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated, according to state police.
State Police in Somers said William A. Vasquez Cortez was found to be intoxicated subsequent to a welfare check that was conducted when police observed the vehicle he was operating stopped partially in a travel lane on Interstate 684, according to a report.
"When troopers approached the car, Vasquez Cortez was found sleeping, with the vehicle still in gear," state police said.
A breath test revealed he has a blood alcohol content of .10 percent, state police said in the report. The legal limit is .08 percent.
- 1 CDC Warns Respiratory Virus May Be Linked To Mysterious Paralysis
- 2 Bedford Town Board Opts Not To Object To Proposed Katonah Group Home
- 3 Katonah's Soros, Bedford's Peltz Make Forbes 400 Billionaire List
- 4 New Yorkers Urged To Protect Children From Dangerous Respiratory Virus
- 5 Metro-North Reports Rise In Crime