BEDFORD, N.Y.-- Firefighters have extinguished a blaze that caused heavy damage to a home at 7 Rusting Lane in Bedford.
According to North Castle police, at 4:12 p.m., a resident of the home reported her car was on fire inside her garage. As emergency personnel were en route, the car caused the home to catch fire, police said.
Police said everyone inside escaped without injury and the Banksville Fire Department received help from multiple agencies.
According to police, the fire was accidental. Westchester County Cause and Origin Investigators were on the scene.
This was the second fire to occur in the area that day. Earlier, Bedford firefighters put out a propane fire that happened four miles away on Old Post Road.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.