LEWISBORO, N.Y. – The Lewisboro Daily Voice accepts signed, original letters to the editor. Email your letters to email@example.com.
To the Editor:
I've said it before and I will say it again: There should not be a penny's worth of increase in the school budget. In fact what we, the beleaguered taxpayers of Lewisboro, should demand is a school budget reduction, a reduction proportionate to the decline in the school population.
It is encouraging to see now, at long last, a school board that recognizes its obligation to taxpayers and, miraculously, a superintendent who is obviously in accord.
To Superintendent Kreutzer – may I, on behalf of friends and family, extend my best wishes to you for a healthy and happy new year. And please pay no mind to teacher union zealots.
One last word: The Lewisboro Town Board should make plain its disgust with the teachers union; never mind that it has no formal authority over school matters. It should publicize how harmful the union’s outrageous exactions are to all the citizens.
- 1 Billionaire Mount Kisco Businessman, Philanthropist Jerome Kohlberg Dies
- 2 Hillary Clinton Gets Health OK From Mount Kisco Medical Group Physician
- 3 Marijuana License Awarded To Katonah-Based Etain
- 4 One-Car Crash Closes Saw Mill Parkway For Hours
- 5 Bedford Residents Get To See Blue Moon Friday Night