LEWISBORO, N.Y. – The Lewisboro Daily Voice accepts signed, original letters to the editor. Email your letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To the Editor:
I've said it before and I will say it again: There should not be a penny's worth of increase in the school budget. In fact what we, the beleaguered taxpayers of Lewisboro, should demand is a school budget reduction, a reduction proportionate to the decline in the school population.
It is encouraging to see now, at long last, a school board that recognizes its obligation to taxpayers and, miraculously, a superintendent who is obviously in accord.
To Superintendent Kreutzer – may I, on behalf of friends and family, extend my best wishes to you for a healthy and happy new year. And please pay no mind to teacher union zealots.
One last word: The Lewisboro Town Board should make plain its disgust with the teachers union; never mind that it has no formal authority over school matters. It should publicize how harmful the union’s outrageous exactions are to all the citizens.
- 1 County Police Charge Man With Having 130 Bags Of Heroin
- 2 Westchester Player Among Those Stuck On Team Bus During Buffalo Blizzard
- 3 IRS Warns Bedford Residents Of Phone Scam
- 4 Bedford Hills, Katonah Fire Departments Assist In Battling Somers Blaze
- 5 Driver, Witnesses Assist Police After Pedestrian Struck, Killed On Saw Mill