BEDFORD, N.Y. -- The Bedford Daily Voice accepts signed letters to the editor. Send letters to email@example.com.
To the editor:
Bedford residents love their town. One reason: a dedicated group of employees who keep our infrastructure in good shape and our parks pristine.
These folks have been without a contract for years. The Town has negotiated a very responsible contract, with modest salary increases (below the rate of inflation) and the requirement that employees pay toward their health-care premiums. The cost of the proposed agreement: about $7.50 for the average taxpayer, through 2017.
The Bedford Town Board has scheduled a vote for Tuesday, Sept. 2 at 8 p.m.
I hope Bedford residents will contact the Town Board members and express their support for this blue collar agreement, by phone, by email or by attending the meeting.
Mr. Len Martello
- 1 Fox Lane, John Jay Rank Among New York's Best High Schools
- 2 Bedford Hills Man Gets Seven Years In Prison For Home Invasions
- 3 Katonah Resident Adds New Music Series to His Mount Kisco Tavern
- 4 Bedford Central Faces $2.6M Deficit For 2015-16 School Year
- 5 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Bedford; 6-12 Inches Of Snow Likely