BEDFORD, N.Y. -- The Bedford Daily Voice accepts signed letters to the editor. Send letters to email@example.com.
To the editor:
Bedford residents love their town. One reason: a dedicated group of employees who keep our infrastructure in good shape and our parks pristine.
These folks have been without a contract for years. The Town has negotiated a very responsible contract, with modest salary increases (below the rate of inflation) and the requirement that employees pay toward their health-care premiums. The cost of the proposed agreement: about $7.50 for the average taxpayer, through 2017.
The Bedford Town Board has scheduled a vote for Tuesday, Sept. 2 at 8 p.m.
I hope Bedford residents will contact the Town Board members and express their support for this blue collar agreement, by phone, by email or by attending the meeting.
Mr. Len Martello
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 2 Plans Detail Controversial Katonah CVS Expansion
- 3 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 Heavy Rain Headed To Bedford, Thunderstorms Possible