BEDFORD, N.Y. -- The Bedford Daily Voice accepts signed letters to the editor. Send letters to email@example.com.
To the Editor,
I am writing in strong support of the Bedford Town Board’s timely and straightforward ratification at the July 2014 meeting of the fair and responsible contract for the Town of Bedford Parks and Highway Department workers.
This just and sensible contract is the product of well-reasoned negotiations between the town and the employees and is a win-win for all involved, including the town, its residents and the employees. The cost to the taxpayer over the next three years is less than the price of a deli sandwich.
The workers covered by this agreement are diligent, committed, highly competent and indispensable to Bedford and all its hamlets. It is only wise that we ensure these valuable employees finally have a contract (following years without one). This very prudent proposal is the right solution.
- 1 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says
- 2 Hillary Clinton Gets Health OK From Mount Kisco Medical Group Physician
- 3 Marijuana License Awarded To Katonah-Based Etain
- 4 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Bedford
- 5 Billionaire Mount Kisco Businessman, Philanthropist Jerome Kohlberg Dies