BEDFORD, N.Y. -- The Bedford Daily Voice accepts signed letters to the editor. Send letters to email@example.com.
To the editor:
I’m writing to you today on behalf of a friend of mine, Don Scott. I call him a friend because of all the time he has spent on various committees and boards to help make this town, our town, a better place to live in. I have had the pleasure of seeing him work on some of them and have witnessed how he always has the best interest of the people of Bedford in the forefront.
The following is a list of a few of Don’s involvements:
• President, Katonah-Lewisboro Board of Education
• Board member, Katonah Village Improvement Society
• Fire commissioner, Katonah Fire District
• Wetlands Commissioner, Town of Bedford
• Vice chair of Communications Committee, Town of Bedford
• Executive board, NY League of Conservation Voters, Westchester Chapter
• Founding member, Citizens for Clean Water and Open Space
• Chair, Katonah Elementary School Compact Team
• Bedford Hills Baseball Travel Team Coach
• President, Cherry Ridge Lake Association
• Community partner representative at the Community Center of Northern Westchester
I don’t care whether he is a Democrat or Republican, what I care about is will he be a good custodian of my town – I know he will. Clearly, Don is an outstanding leader with a history of caring about our community. With his experience, he is the right man at the right time for the right town, our town. Please consider voting for your friend and mine, Don Scott.
- 1 Plans Detail Controversial Katonah CVS Expansion
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Three Charged After Six-Month Lewisboro Heroin Probe
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director