BEDFORD, N.Y. -- Bedford Daily Voice accepts signed letters to the editor. Send letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To the editor:
There has been some noise made about the Blue Collar Contract for Bedford town employees, which was on the Tuesday, Sept. 2, Town Board meeting agenda.
I very strongly support passing this proposal because:
- It recognizes the hard work of the blue collar unit, which maintains our numerous parks and roads.
- It ensures stability for Bedford, as preserving respectful labor relations is a very underrated but very important concept.
- It will cost little to the town to keep these excellent services with diligent and talented people operating them, costing to the taxpayer only the price of a restaurant appetizer spread over a 9-year span.
- It ensures that our town has a AAA bond rating, which ensures Bedford's short-term and long-term fiscal strength.
Any one of these reasons is enough reason to pass this deal yet here are four, all covering the vast majority of the political spectrum. Town Board members, I trust you to pass the Blue Collar Contract. Fellow citizens, I urge you to voice your support for passing this very reasonable proposal. It is the real deal, and it happens to be an amazing one for us.
Daniel B. Feintuck
Bedford Corners, N.Y.
- 1 State Police Warn Bedford Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Chance Of Snow Returns To Bedford Overnight
- 3 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 4 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield
- 5 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation