WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Ralph Waite, a White Plains native and actor best known for his work in the classic family drama, "The Waltons," died on Thursday at age 85, according to an obituary in The New York Times.
Waite portrayed John Walton, the patriarch of a family living in rural Virginia during the Great Depression and World War II. The show ran on CBS from 1972-1981.
Waite reportedly had been in good health and his death took his family and friends by surprise.
- 1 Several Westchester Towns Ranked Among New York's Safest To Live In
- 2 Serious Accident Results In Route 172 Closure Near Fox Lane HS
- 3 Hand Grenade Removed From Katonah Home Found To Be Inert
- 4 National Weather Service: Bedford's Winter Won't Be So Bad
- 5 Bedford Playhouse Theater Tenant Plans To Leave