WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Ralph Waite, a White Plains native and actor best known for his work in the classic family drama, "The Waltons," died on Thursday at age 85, according to an obituary in The New York Times.
Waite portrayed John Walton, the patriarch of a family living in rural Virginia during the Great Depression and World War II. The show ran on CBS from 1972-1981.
Waite reportedly had been in good health and his death took his family and friends by surprise.
- 1 Bedford Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Netscape Co-Founder ID'd As Buyer Of Ron Howard Estate On Armonk Border
- 3 Police Issue 75 Tickets In Distracted Driving Detail On I-684
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Bedford
- 5 Saw Mill Parkway Wrong-Way Driver Charged With DWI ID'd