KATONAH, N.Y. ‒ A wake and funeral services have been set for Anne Marie Murphy of Katonah, who was killed in Friday’s school shooting in Newtown, Conn.
Murphy, a 52-year-old Katonah native and mother of four, taught special education at Newtown's Sandy Hook Elementary School.
Visiting hours will be 4 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at the Clark Associates Funeral Home in Katonah.
A funeral mass will be held Thursday at 10 a.m. at St. Mary of the Assumption in Katonah.
Newsday reported Saturday that police told Murphy’s parents, Dr. Hugh and Alice McGowan, that her body was found shielding the bodies of students.
The McGowans, a well-known Katonah family, are parishioners at St. Mary, which held a vigil for Murphy Saturday night. Anne Marie's father and her brother, Dr. Thomas McGowan, are dentists in town.
- 1 Bedford Man Charged With Having 130 Bags Of Heroin In Lewisboro
- 2 Westchester Player Among Those Stuck On Team Bus During Buffalo Blizzard
- 3 IRS Warns Bedford Residents Of Phone Scam
- 4 Bedford Hills, Katonah Fire Departments Assist In Battling Somers Blaze
- 5 Driver, Witnesses Assist Police After Pedestrian Struck, Killed On Saw Mill