BEDFORD CORNERS, N.Y. -- Michael Grammas of Bedford Corners died Saturday, Aug. 2. He was 75.
Grammas was born Jan. 3, 1939, in Apidia, Greece, to Theodore and Konstandina Grammas. He immigrated to the U.S. with his family as a teenager. He was the owner of Michael's Florist in the Bronx for many years before owning the Greentree Country Club in New Rochelle.
Grammas is survived by his wife, Christina; children, Andreas (Ageliki), Dennis (Carrie), Frangiskos, Michelle (Aurelio) and Tina; and five grandchildren.
Calling hours are Thursday, Aug. 7, from 9:45-11 a.m. at The Church of Our Saviour in Rye. A funeral service will follow at 11 a.m. followed by the burial to be held at the Greenwood Union Cemetery in Rye. Luncheon to follow at Greentree Country Club in New Rochelle.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Grammas’ memory to Save the Children, 501 Kings Highway E., Fairfield, CT 06825. Donations can also be submitted electronically as well at http://www.savethechildren.org
- 1 Bedford Planning Board Meeting On Home Proposal Lasts Until Nearly 2 A.M.
- 2 Two Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 3 Bedford's Conservation Board Weighs In On 79-Home Proposal
- 4 Snow Could Be Returning To Bedford
- 5 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show