BEDFORD, N.Y. – Margaret W. Sinclaire of Bedford died Nov. 24, surrounded by family. She was 85.
She was born in 1927, in Rochester, N.Y., and received a bachelor’s degree in English from the University of Rochester. She married John Sinclaire on May 24, 1952.
Sinclaire lived most of her life in Bedford, where she raised seven children and was a volunteer with many organizations, including St. Patrick’s religious education program. She also volunteered at Wainwright House in Rye. She had a great love for world travel, literature and history, her family said.
She is survived by six children, Kathy (Steve), Anne (Brian), Elizabeth, Michael (Tara), Patricia and John Paul (Tom); five grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.
She was predeceased by her husband; and a son, Robert.
A Mass of Christian Burial was celebrated Monday at St. Patrick’s Church in Bedford. Cassidy-Flynn Funeral Home handled arrangements.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contribution may be made to Wainwright House.260 Stuyvesant Avenue, Rye, NY 10580
- 1 Plans Detail Controversial Katonah CVS Expansion
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Three Charged After Six-Month Lewisboro Heroin Probe
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director