KATONAH, N.Y. - Jean Arra, a longtime Katonah resident, died Dec. 28. She was 82.
Arra was born in Mt. Kisco, to Bertha Knapp Massie and Reginald Massie. She graduated from Mt. Kisco High School and Plattsburgh State Teacher's College, then taught elementary school on the Onondaga Reservation near Syracuse. In 1955, after marriage she moved with her husband to Brooklyn. In 1965, the family moved to Tripoli, Libya followed by Geneva, Switzerland before returning to Katonah in 1971 where she completed her Masters Degree in Nutrition at Lehman College in New York. She then began her 38-year career with the Village of Mt. Kisco as program director of the Senior Nutrition Program.
Arra is survived by her daughters, Melissa Arra of Brooklyn, New York and Amanda Arra of Juneau, Alaska; son-in-law, Nathan Bishop; a grandson; brother, Reginald Massie II; and nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her husband, Michael Philip Arra.
A memorial service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 18 at St. Mark's Church in Mt. Kisco. Reception to follow at Fox Center, 198 Carpenter Ave, Mt Kisco at 3:30 p.m.
- 1 Curtis Instruments, Saw Mill Club Co-Founder Curt Beusman Dies
- 2 Westchester Legislator Who Represents Bedford To Resign
- 3 Bedford Central Voters Approve School Budget, Elect Sheerin
- 4 Deer Defense Group Sues Westchester County To Halt Hunting Plans
- 5 Mount Kisco Bank Teller Pleads Guilty To Stealing $1.4M