KATONAH, N.Y. - James V. Quartararo of Katonah, and formerly of Mahopac, died Monday, March 24. He was 93.
Quartararo was born Sept. 6, 1920, he was the son of Lawrence and Accursia Guardino Quartararo. He served in the U.S. Army, stationed in the South Pacific during World War II. He was a parishioner of St. John The Evangelist Church in Mahopac, the Italian American Club of Mahopac and VFW Post 5491. He was a former member of the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks, Peekskill Lodge.
He owned Jimmy's Fish Market in Mahopac for 20 years. He attended the Kohler Senior Center and VFW Post 5491 for many years.
Quartararo is survived by his son, Vincent (Denise) of Katonah; a grandson; and brothers, Albert and Peter. He was predeceased by his wife, Carmela Diadone; brothers, Joseph and Nardi; and sisters, Gusie Napoli and Catherine Quartararo.
Calling hours are Wednesday, March 26 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Joseph J. Smith Funeral Home. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Thursday, March 27 at St. John The Evangelist Church in Mahopac with interment to follow at Raymond Hill Cemetery in Carmel.
Donations may be made in memory of Quartararo to The Wounded Warrior Project.
- 1 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway
- 2 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 3 Somers Businessman Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud
- 4 Population Growth Among Issues Raised Over Katonah Group Home Plan
- 5 Bedford Library Staff Sad About Theater's Impending Exit