BEDFORD HILLS, N.Y. – Flora M. Fontana, a lifelong Bedford Hills resident, died Nov. 17 at Northern Westchester Hospital Center in Mount Kisco, surrounded by family, after a two-year battle with cancer. She was 78.
Fontana worked as a real estate agent in Mount Kisco for many years. She was a past president of American Legion Auxiliary Post 136 in Mount Kisco. She was a longtime member of St. Matthias Church in Bedford Hills. She was an avid Boston Red Sox fan.
She was predeceased by her parents, Ida and Luigi Fontana. She is survived by a brother, Dionisio “Danny” Fontana; two nephews and a niece.
Visitation is from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. Tuesday at Clark Associates Funeral Home in Katonah. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Wednesday at St. Mary of the Assumption Church in Katonah. Entombment will follow at Ferncliff Mausoleum in Hartsdale.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Purchase New Bedford Home
- 2 Bedford's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So Bedford Must Prepare
- 4 Katonah Fire Dept. Battles Blaze That Destroys Goldens Bridge Home
- 5 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester