BEDFORD HILLS, N.Y. – Flora M. Fontana, a lifelong Bedford Hills resident, died Nov. 17 at Northern Westchester Hospital Center in Mount Kisco, surrounded by family, after a two-year battle with cancer. She was 78.
Fontana worked as a real estate agent in Mount Kisco for many years. She was a past president of American Legion Auxiliary Post 136 in Mount Kisco. She was a longtime member of St. Matthias Church in Bedford Hills. She was an avid Boston Red Sox fan.
She was predeceased by her parents, Ida and Luigi Fontana. She is survived by a brother, Dionisio “Danny” Fontana; two nephews and a niece.
Visitation is from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. Tuesday at Clark Associates Funeral Home in Katonah. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Wednesday at St. Mary of the Assumption Church in Katonah. Entombment will follow at Ferncliff Mausoleum in Hartsdale.
- 1 Bedford Planning Board Meeting On Home Proposal Lasts Until Nearly 2 A.M.
- 2 Two Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 3 Bedford's Conservation Board Weighs In On 79-Home Proposal
- 4 Snow Could Be Returning To Bedford
- 5 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show