WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Widespread dense fog is forming across Westchester County just in time for the Friday afternoon commute as a cold front approaches, the National Weather Service said.
A Dense Fog Advisory is in effect until 5 p.m. Friday, the National Weather Service said. The advisory is for all of the Hudson Valley, southern Connecticut, northern New Jersey, New York City and Long Island.
Visibility for drivers will be a quarter of a mile or less, making for difficult travel conditions. Drivers should slow down, use low beam headlights and leave plenty of distance ahead in case of a sudden stop.
A cold front approaching from the West is accompanied by showers and a wind shift to the west Friday afternoon.
Showers and thunderstorms are possible Friday afternoon with high temperatures in the 40s. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch are expected, except with higher amounts in thunderstorms.
It will be mostly cloudy Friday evening, with gradual clearing and temperatures dropping into the mid-20s.
Saturday will be sunny, with a high in the high 40s or 50.
- 1 CDC Warns Respiratory Virus May Be Linked To Mysterious Paralysis
- 2 Bedford Town Board Opts Not To Object To Proposed Katonah Group Home
- 3 Katonah's Soros, Bedford's Peltz Make Forbes 400 Billionaire List
- 4 New Yorkers Urged To Protect Children From Dangerous Respiratory Virus
- 5 Metro-North Reports Rise In Crime