WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – Nearly 200 Westchester residents voted Mount Vernon the tastiest water in the county during an annual blind taste test of the county’s water suppliers Friday.
Do You Agree That The City Of Mount Vernon Has the Tastiest Water In Westchester?View Results
Do You Agree That The City Of Mount Vernon Has the Tastiest Water In Westchester?
Yes, I Find Reasons To Go To Mount Vernon Just To Drink The Water25%
No, I Don't Taste A Difference From Town To Town75%
Among nine participating water suppliers, the City of Mount Vernon, labeled “A” in the blind taste test, received 47 votes. Briarcliff Manor Village, labeled “B”, followed with 29 votes. Elmsford, labeled “C”, came in third with 21 votes.
The contest was as part of National Drinking Water Week and to promote Westchester's tap water quality and highlight the role of the county health department in assuring drinking water quality.
The other participants were labeled as follows in the blind taste contest Tuesday:
- B – Briarcliff Manor Village
- C – Elmsford Village
- D - Scarsdale
- E – United Water New Rochelle
- F – Cortlandt Consolidated Water District
- G – City of White Plains
- H – City of Yonkers
- I - City of Peekskill
In past years, the winners were: 2012 – Cortlandt Consolidated; 2011 – United Water New Rochelle; 2010 - Ossining; 2009 – Yonkers; 2008 – Croton on Hudson; 2007 – Yonkers; 2006 – Croton on Hudson; 2005 – United Water New Rochelle; 2004 – Yonkers; 2003 – Yonkers.
- 1 Aunt's Daughter Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Bedford
- 3 Bedford School Officials Respond To Special-Ed Concerns
- 4 Westchester Political, Business Leaders Applaud State Casino Decision
- 5 Arrest Of 'Bicycle Bandit' Ends Rash Of 15 Robberies In Westchester