WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- To mark National HIV Testing Day, the Westchester County Health Department and its Project WAVE (War Against the Virus Escalating) partners will offer free, rapid HIV tests on Friday, June 27, at the following locations:
Westchester County Health Department
Yonkers District Office
20 S. Broadway, 2nd Floor
8 a.m.-3 p.m.
Family Services of Westchester & Westchester Medical Center
Corner of Gramatan and Lincoln avenues, Mount Vernon
9 a.m.-3 p.m.
Open Door Family Medical Center
165 Main St., Ossining
9 a.m.-4 p.m.
Port Chester Open Door Medical Center
5 Grace Church St., Port Chester
9 a.m.-4 p.m.
“An estimated 1.2 million Americans are living with HIV, and yet one out of five doesn’t know it,” said Health Commissioner Dr. Sherlita Amler. “To find out your status, there are plenty of places in Westchester that offer free testing on a regular basis, like our Health Department clinics. The test is quick, simple and readily available, so there’s no excuse not to get one.”
The Westchester County Department of Health provides free, confidential, rapid HIV tests routinely at its HIV and STD clinics.
For more information, go to www.westchestergov.com/health and click on the clinic schedules link on the left.
WAVE works with more than 230 member agencies throughout the state to promote HIV counseling, testing and referrals.
- 1 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 2 Man Stopped On I-684 Charged With Driving Wrong Way, DWI
- 3 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 4 Nearly One Million Bicycles Are Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 5 Funeral Services Held For 20-Year-Old College Student From Westchester