WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The following is a listing of upcoming events at nature centers around Westchester:
Saturday, Feb. 22
- Lenoir Preserve, Dudley Street, Yonkers – 914- 968-5851 Get Moving in a Too-Short Month – 10 a.m. A highly aerobic, fast-paced walk for those who love nature and great workouts.
- Trailside Nature Museum at Ward Pound Ridge Reservation, Route 35 and 121 South, Cross River – 914-864-7322. American Indian Sugaring – 1 p.m. Fireside stories and demonstrations describe how maple sugaring was discovered and perfected.
- Marshlands Conservancy, Boston Post Road (Route 1), Rye – 914-835-4466. Volunteer Work Project: Trail Maintenance – 1 p.m. - 3 p.m. Bring work gloves; hand tools provided.
Saturday and Sunday, Feb. 22 and 23
- Croton Point Nature Center, Croton-on-Hudson – 914-862-5297. Saw Mill River Audubon Project Feeder Watch – 8 a.m. – 10 a.m. Learn how to identify birds and help keep count of the winter birds at the feeder with members of Saw Mill River Audubon. Info at sawmillaudubon.org.
Sunday, Feb. 23
- Marshlands Conservancy, Route 1 (Boston Post Road), Rye – 914-835-4466. Deer and Turkey Detectives – 2 p.m. A guided scavenger hunt with clues in search of furry and feathered friends at the preserve.
- Lasdon Park, Arboretum and Veterans Memorial, Route 35, Katonah – 914-864-7268. Starting Seeds Indoors – 2 p.m. Learn the timing and techniques for starting seeds indoors to produce healthy transplants for the outdoor garden.
For more information, residents can visit the Westchester County Parks website or call 914-864-PARK.
- 1 Bedford-Bred Upstart Draws No. 18 Post For Saturday's Kentucky Derby
- 2 Police Make Arrest In Identity Theft Case At Kohl's In Bedford Hills
- 3 Fatal Crash On Route 22 Under Investigation
- 4 Westchester DA Issues Alert About Sexual Predators Posing As Others
- 5 Man Going 107 MPH In Bedford Charged With Drug Possession, Police Say