BEDFORD, N.Y. - Here are some of this week's top stories in Bedford:
- The United Way of Northern Westchester presented SPARC, Inc., Special Program and Resource Connection, founded in 1989, with a grant. The group helps children in Bedford's schools.
- It's story time at the Bedford Village Pool this Tuesday. Bring a towel to sit on and enjoy a story at 2 p.m for children ages 3-5. A pool pass is required, and books will be available in the swap cart.
- The Somers shop owned by local residents Ginny and Ken Ryan is thriving after winning Westchester Magazine's award for Best Place To Frame Art.
- Foreclosure filings on houses in Westchester County surged to their highest point since the housing crash of 2008, with nearly 1,500 foreclosures reported in the first half of 2013.
- The Community Center of Northern Westchester is celebrating its 21st birthday by offering ways you can help the community.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.