BEDFORD, N.Y. -- Here are the top stories from this week in Bedford.
- A tractor trailer overturned early Tuesday morning on I-684 in Bedford. The accident occurred at 3:24 a.m. Tuesday causing southbound I-684 Exit 5 to be closed for four hours. Traffic was diverted to the Saw Mill split and then back onto 684. It reopened at 7:50 a.m, though traffic was delayed for eight miles, according to the state Department of Transportation. The tractor trailer overturned about a quarter mile south of the exit.
- Students in grades three to eight in the Bedford Central School District exceeded state levels in English language arts and math assessment tests, according to results released Wednesday by the state Education Department. The Bedford Central Schol District, which serves Bedford, Bedford Hills and Pound Ridge, scored lower overall than last year's test, but local and state officials are reminding residents that the decline was expected with alterations to this year's tests.
- Karen Benvin Ransom's account of a Bauhaus School-inspired home also topped the news in Bedford this week.
- 1 Bedford Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Bedford
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 4 Accidents Reported On Saw Mill, Hutchinson River, Taconic State Parkways
- 5 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Bedford, Blizzard Watch Issued