POUND RIDGE, N.Y. -- The Pound Ridge Town Board approved amending the special permit issued to the Inn at Pound Ridge by Jean-Georges, a major step for the eatery's parking expansion.
The special permit change, approved at the board's Aug. 7 meeting, was needed to allow off-site parking, it was previously noted. The restaurant has agreements to use a combined 55 parking spaces at Pound Ridge Elementary School and Pound Ridge Nurseries, it was previously disclosed.
In June, the Planning Board approved a site plan modification, which enables the addition of 120 on-site parking spaces.
The additional parking spaces have been proposed as a way of dealing with a parking shortage.
The Town Board approved the special permit modification by a 4-0 vote. Deputy Supervisor Jon Powers, who lives to the north of the property, abstained.
Reacting to the approval, Jason Worflar, the business' general manager, was “ecstatic.”
“I’m happy that everything’s been pushed through," he said.
Before the Town Board voted, Supervisor Richard Lyman brought up a ban on commercial vehicles entering the site before 7 a.m.
- 1 Bedford Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 Group Hits $2.5M Fundraising Goal For Bedford Playhouse Overhaul
- 3 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Bedford
- 5 Numerous Accidents Reported On Slippery Westchester Roadways